Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Guild Emblem

Go down 
+5
Cinales
Zerefin
Meleager
Reverie Raven
Reeburn
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Reeburn

Reeburn

Profession : Mesmer
Race : Human

Guild Emblem Empty
PostSubject: Guild Emblem   Guild Emblem Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 5:25 pm

Hey guys,

This is partly to encourage yall to use the forums more, but we're going to set up a poll to decide on the new guild emblem. We didn't want just one person to decide or anything, we want everyone's input. Of course you don't have to give your opinion, and that's fine.

Anyway, here's how this is going to work! I want you all to go to this page on the Wiki (click here) and pick your favorite background and THREE of your favorite emblems and post them here. You can post direct links or just list them by row/column (but just remember row is across, column is down)...

I'll start!

Background:
Row 5, Column 1 (you sunk my battleship HARHARHAR)

Emblem:
(after 20 minutes of choosing)
Click to see my choices! :

Last edited by Reeburn on Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:59 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://stormheart.forumotion.com
Reverie Raven

Reverie Raven

Profession : Guardian

Guild Emblem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Emblem   Guild Emblem Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 6:25 pm

Quote :
Of course you don't have to give your opinion, and that's fine.

I'd like to add to this at the risk of sounding like a snarky *censored*... if you don't offer an opinion and end up complaining once the guild emblem has been decided upon, you really have no one to blame but yourself. So please, take the opportunity to skim through them, and if you want to participate but you only like one, feel free to post that. We're not forcing you to pick three. It's just to help us have some variety.

Thank you!

And now for my picks...

Background

Spoiler:

Emblems

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

They are all in seperate spoiler tags so people can load the page ^_^
Back to top Go down
Reeburn

Reeburn

Guild Emblem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Emblem   Guild Emblem Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 6:28 pm

And I'm posting on Sam's behalf...

Guild Emblem Guild_emblem_120
Guild Emblem Guild_emblem_007
Guild Emblem Guild_emblem_070
Back to top Go down
Meleager

Meleager

Race : Charr

Guild Emblem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Emblem   Guild Emblem Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 4:05 am

Here's my vote!

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Guild_emblem_070.png
Back to top Go down
Zerefin

Zerefin

Profession : Thief

Guild Emblem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Emblem   Guild Emblem Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 5:41 am

And I just realized how different all of our tastes are so far Razz

I'll be happy with whatever, but seen as how it's been put to a vote, I must vote!

Background:
Spoiler:

Emblems:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Cinales

Cinales

Profession : Necromancer
Race : Sylvari

Guild Emblem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Emblem   Guild Emblem Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 6:00 pm

Right, here are my choices.

Background

Spoiler:

Emblem

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
DragoonLagoon

DragoonLagoon

Guild Emblem Empty
PostSubject: Spoot   Guild Emblem Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 6:34 pm

Had a chore picking, since I'm not a fan of most of the emblems, but I came to at least 2 conclusions.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Back round I wasnt sure of at all so I'll just leave that up to judgement of other people.
Back to top Go down
Drakefist
Legend of the Mists
Drakefist

Profession : Warrior
Race : Norn

Guild Emblem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Emblem   Guild Emblem Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 7:39 pm

Guild Emblem Guilde10

Guild Emblem Guilde11

Im saying the sword first. Because it looks like it couldve been shotdown to earth via lightning, and still smoking power!

And the other one is a thunderbird, which is to say, evoke the Storm in stormhearts.

Havent seen no suitable dragon either and it is a shame.
Back to top Go down
Reverie Raven

Reverie Raven

Guild Emblem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Emblem   Guild Emblem Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 7:55 pm

@Drake: Is that what they look like in-game? That's really awesome! THUNDERBIRRRRDDD! That's the one I used for our Who's Online thing! XD

I think we should give people another day or so to post the ones they like... I know not everyone is registered or whatever, but we should at least give them the chance to voice their opinion.

This is more for anyone really, but if you are online (in-game) and there's a bunch of other guildies on, could you at least just let them know that voting is going on over here? I would send out a newsletter but since not everyone has registered, I don't really want to do that. : /
Back to top Go down
Drakefist
Legend of the Mists
Drakefist

Guild Emblem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Emblem   Guild Emblem Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 9:55 pm

Ill do my best maes, but im actually fighting with crash issues.
If i can log on more then 5 mins at a time i'll spread the word.
btw should gime some more time, i just learned bout that today : /
Back to top Go down
Reverie Raven

Reverie Raven

Guild Emblem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Emblem   Guild Emblem Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 11:06 pm

Alright, how about until Friday, then? I only said "a day or two" because I know some people have been really anxious about the guild emblem being done.

This is exactly why the forums are so important. And there's quite a few people who just don't give a damn at all. I'll be sending out a newsletter, I apologize in advance because those of you who've signed on and voted will be getting it, as I'm sending it to ALL members.

Thanks for your patience, guys. If anyone else is able to sign in to GW2, please direct people to the forums. I would appreciate it very much.

~ Matty
Back to top Go down
Nyx

Profession : Necromancer
Race : Charr

Guild Emblem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Emblem   Guild Emblem Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 7:29 am

my first step in this forum !

Background :

Spoiler:

Emblem :

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Reeburn

Reeburn

Guild Emblem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Emblem   Guild Emblem Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 1:50 pm

I'm closing this poll to tally and discuss. I know the deadlie has not come yet, but it's been long enough and I doubt anyone else is going to submit anyways. For those of you that haven't, you will still have the opportunity to vote.
Back to top Go down
fierystorm

Guild Emblem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Emblem   Guild Emblem Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 5:36 pm

hey guys,

don't really have anything to post on the look of the guild emblem just saying i actually like the second one from drake ..always love dragon emblem but yes i've looked them out and there not many that look good even decent so i would go with drake for is choice about the best i can see although it does also look like some kind of giant bird more than a dragon hehe:D
Back to top Go down
Reverie Raven

Reverie Raven

Guild Emblem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Emblem   Guild Emblem Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 2:41 am

A special thanks to everyone who voted <3 I kept it open a little later than I intended Wink But I am now closing the topic.

No more votes will be accepted here. We're gonna tally these up. Without counting, I think the flaming sword and the ... *cough* White Mantle icon were tied, but I *could* be mistaken.

Anyways, yeah. This topic is now locked!

YOU WILL GO NO FURTHERRRR.

Ahem.

I've tallied the emblems and everything. Now, I'm not sure if Meteo was voting for both the emblem AND background, but I included his vote for the background. We have a tie in both categories.

Here are the results:

Backgrounds

Guild Emblem Guild_emblem_background_02
Guild Emblem Guild_emblem_background_19

Emblems

Guild Emblem Guild_emblem_070
Guild Emblem Guild_emblem_120

I guess we can just choose the one that compliments whatever better? Not really sure how we're going to break the tie LOL But uhm. Yeah. Those are the results.
Back to top Go down
Drakefist
Legend of the Mists
Drakefist

Guild Emblem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Emblem   Guild Emblem Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 9:11 am

Ohai! My humble take on this would be the 2 first ones.

Yeah the winged sword is fine, but the other logo is the one from the white mantle in gw1!

I dunno if we wanna share the emblem of a buncha zealot slaver's who venerate the mursaat loll

as for the second background, well id just say it would look to clustered witht he wings pattern,

unfortunately i couldnt make em via the website to give a preview : /
Back to top Go down
Reverie Raven

Reverie Raven

Guild Emblem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Emblem   Guild Emblem Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 5:42 pm

Haha, I didn't know it was the symbol for the White Mantle!!! Not until I was helping Sam with his background story for Falchior the other day... and by then it was too late to change my vote!

I still like the design of course but... >_> It's sketchy.

Anyways, Drake, I have some examples for you, because you're right. The online emblem maker is very outdated. Sam made these for testing purposes. That means that the color schemes are NOT FINAL. I honestly don't know what we've decided (blue and gold?)... and yeah. That was what we were trying to test with.

Spoiler:

Of course, Zere and Herac are always welcome to play around with the emblem making in-game. And if anyone else wants to say anything about which they prefer, that's fine too. ^_^

I am partial to the sword, myself... but I also like it with the sun. It does look a little scrunched, but it also has this epic... look to it, too. That said, I'm fine with whatever ya'll decide. Smile

Back to top Go down
Drakefist
Legend of the Mists
Drakefist

Guild Emblem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Emblem   Guild Emblem Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 7:19 pm

Actually i kinda like the one with the sword atm, with the sun background.

Gotta say there IS something epic to it, shame it cant be thunderbolts tho!

And yeah for colors my thoughts ran round silver blue, gray. Well colors i associate with a storm lol
Back to top Go down
Zerefin

Zerefin

Profession : Thief

Guild Emblem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Emblem   Guild Emblem Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 11:37 pm

Guild Emblem Gw13010

Nearly killed my computer taking this screenshot on max in LA. xD

Edit: And it did not look near that dark in game..
Back to top Go down
Reverie Raven

Reverie Raven

Guild Emblem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Emblem   Guild Emblem Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 12:42 am

We has backpack, now we needs a lunchbox and a thermos. ^_^;

In all seriousness, it looks lovely. Hurray! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Reeburn

Reeburn

Guild Emblem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Emblem   Guild Emblem Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 9:19 pm

Love it Smile you get a lovely preview of my derpy noobiness in the chat too LOL..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Guild Emblem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Emblem   Guild Emblem Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guild Emblem
Page 1 of 1