Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vista Screenies/Stories!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Reeburn

Reeburn

Profession : Mesmer
Race : Human

Vista Screenies/Stories! Empty
PostSubject: Vista Screenies/Stories!   Vista Screenies/Stories! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 6:10 pm

Vista screenies!

I know Zere is a master at them...and he knows I am not! He's watched me fall to my death trying them at least more than a few times, but alas! I have portals! So I've been using them to "cheat" basically.. *cough* I can put one down before a difficult jump, and if I make it, I have a safe way across or others can follow me through it. If I don't make it (and live), I can just make another at the bottom and teleport back up to the top!

So recently Matty and I were having a tough time with a really long vista, and at the end you had to make like a 15 foot jump... We both had teleporting skills (Blink and Infiltrator's Shot) but neither worked (...they made it cheat-proof). So I put a portal down and gave it my all and made it...and made a portal on the other side for her to safely warp over to :3

Vista Screenies/Stories! Gw003-1

It's hard to tell from the picture but it was a BIG gap between those two portals. (I had to quickly get a SS cause they disappear kinda fast, so sorry you gotta stare at my ass)

I know yall probably have some interesting vista stories or ones you hated/loved. SHOW ME NAO...preferably with a screen shot.

Back to top Go down
https://stormheart.forumotion.com
Reverie Raven

Reverie Raven

Profession : Guardian

PostSubject: Re: Vista Screenies/Stories!   Vista Screenies/Stories! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 6:27 pm

That was the best vista ever. <3

I have a story about one, and unfortunately no screenshots to go with it, as I was a little preoccupied. ^_^;;

So Eric and I were in some zone, I forget the name of it, and there was a vista in the middle of this lake. And it was this huge shoddy kind of tower with ramps going every which way. And there were krait everywhere.

So we fight our way about halfway up, and Eric fell off T___T; and because mobs had respawned, I went down to the bottom with him to help him fight his way back up. So we're like tralalala, fighting, almost near the top, and I don't see the vista but I know we're nearby. I happen to look up to the east, and there's a splendid chest. And everyone knows that splendid chest > vista. AMIRITE?

Well, Eric goes and gets the vista and I'm like TREASUREEEEEE so I run over, even though there is clearly a mob in the way. I figure "nbd, Imma own this krait!" ... Uhm.

Uhm.

So there was this event there, that I thought was in the water... and apparently, it was at the top of the tower, right in front of the splendid chest Very Happy "Kill the Champion Witch".

Ooops.

So uh after a horrible, odds against me battle, Eric fell off again I think and I'm just like "SCREW THIS" and I run over to the chest, spam F, and jump off into the water. (A reoccuring theme with me if I'm in trouble, as Drake will point out, hehe)

Oh.

And I never got the vista. Because I was distracted by the treasure.

So moral of the story is: Look before you leap! And grab the vista first.

The end.

*bow*
Back to top Go down
Zerefin

Zerefin

Profession : Thief

PostSubject: Re: Vista Screenies/Stories!   Vista Screenies/Stories! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 7:31 pm

Not particularly good at the story part, but I'll at least give some explanation a shot.

Vista Screenies/Stories! Gw09110
This isn't actually a vista. It's a jumping puzzle I've made many attempts at and still cannot even get halfway. Maybe it has something to do with only trying it when I've been up for 16+ hours, but hey, it's pretty crazy XD

Vista Screenies/Stories! Gw07410

And would this be the vista you were talking about Matty? This was actually the second I came to it..the first time I was going to go for it, but as I was getting ready to climb it, I noticed the chest. Tunnel visioned the chest, not noticing the CHAMPION Krait that was 4 levels higher then me. When I dove into the water, more and more Krait came.
So while the first shot at that one for me proved fruitless, my second trip got me both the chest and the vista.

Vista Screenies/Stories! Gw08810

One of the larger castles in WvW borderlands. We heard you liked castles, so we put a castle in your castle.

Vista Screenies/Stories! Gw06110

I don't know what's with the Norn starter area. Or their main city. But the vistas. Are all so easy. Just on top of a bunny hill. It's like those two areas were the dev's first jumping puzzles, because once you hit the closest 15-30 areas, the jumping puzzle difficulty/risk comes with.
Back to top Go down
Reverie Raven

Reverie Raven

PostSubject: Re: Vista Screenies/Stories!   Vista Screenies/Stories! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 7:43 pm

Oooh! The first one I saw in the Angry Joe GW2 Review video 'cause Eric linked me to it. And I was like "Wow that is amazing." I would probably fall A LOT. XD I like how you are in your chef's outfit.

Hmmm, I'm not sure if that's it or not... I feel like the one I was at was a lot higher, because when I jumped off it felt like it took... a long time to get to the bottom. What zone is that in? Also, love your primeval armor. <3

I want to do WvWvW when I get to play again >: O That castle looks amazing.

You know, I'm inclined to agree with you about it probably being one of the first they did. Like, what in the... The Sylvari Vistas are like... well, two of them specifically, are ridonk. I did them both (well, one I got help with the last jump, THANKS BRANDON) but it took FOREVER to get to the top. It was like "Just jump from platform from platform as they twist around this one structure" T___T And it was like these tiny poles and ugh. I do like the challenge, though! I just hate scratching my head being unable to figure it out and turns out out they are really obvious. But yeah some of them I come across and it's really just a matter of walking up a hill and I'm like "Wow this is the lamest vista ever."

Back to top Go down
Reeburn

Reeburn

PostSubject: Re: Vista Screenies/Stories!   Vista Screenies/Stories! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 5:10 am

I spent like 30 minutes on my necro trying to do the Morgan's Spiral jumping puzzle in the Sylvari area.. Its like a simple floating rocks puzzle till your get toward the large part and you're like on a ledge... And you have to like jump to another ledge around a jetting and it's like wtfff. I ragequit.

Anyways, I love the particularly long vistas like the one I helped Matty with, and I loved the one overt the Trader Forum in Lions Arch. It took me a while to figure out how to get to it but I think that's pretty cool ^_^
Back to top Go down
Zerefin

Zerefin

PostSubject: Re: Vista Screenies/Stories!   Vista Screenies/Stories! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 4:52 pm

Reeburn wrote:
I spent like 30 minutes on my necro trying to do the Morgan's Spiral jumping puzzle in the Sylvari area.. Its like a simple floating rocks puzzle till your get toward the large part and you're like on a ledge... And you have to like jump to another ledge around a jetting and it's like wtfff. I ragequit.

Anyways, I love the particularly long vistas like the one I helped Matty with, and I loved the one overt the Trader Forum in Lions Arch. It took me a while to figure out how to get to it but I think that's pretty cool ^_^
If I'm not mistaken, that's just the start.

Did it today on my thief; there's a chest at the start of the hard part, just like with the asuran one. But my little level 4 thief couldn't take on the two level 7 archers in the way to the next part.

Edit: Just did it on my warrior, and I think I'm actually gonna need help. The end has about 6-7 long range mortar cannons and 2-3 Veterans around. Cannon ended up killing me after taking down a second veteran Sad
Back to top Go down
Reeburn

Reeburn

PostSubject: Re: Vista Screenies/Stories!   Vista Screenies/Stories! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 11:22 pm

K so... I forget where I was, but I found this vista. It's barely even on a hill, you can access it from all sides... It's just... there... in the middle of a field.
Spoiler:

Then there was this one. It took me LITERALLY like half an hour to figure out how to get to it... I even had to google it xD

And when I'm like 2 feet away. I die to like 3 veterans and 35108243 adds. And that lil bird came down and sat under the vista trolling me.

Spoiler:

Edit: oh and I almost forgot about this one... which took me another 34095 days to figure out, and I realized how simple it was shortly after I asked Zere for his Vista wisdom.. It was a wood plank bridge. that's it. I'm just a derp sometimes ^___^

Spoiler:

And I might as well throw this one in there since a vista was nearby Very Happy I jumped off that thing like 5 times.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Zerefin

Zerefin

PostSubject: Re: Vista Screenies/Stories!   Vista Screenies/Stories! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 12:30 pm

fack yeah Censors on small forums make Zere sad Sad Y u no trust Zere?

Asuran jumping puzzle, down. And no, no guides XD

I highly suggest bringing a condition remover, something with stability, and a little bit (5-15 seconds) of swiftness. Oh, and either a team or very beefy damage dealing build.

Vista Screenies/Stories! Gw10410

Vista Screenies/Stories! Gw10910
Back to top Go down
Reverie Raven

Reverie Raven

PostSubject: Re: Vista Screenies/Stories!   Vista Screenies/Stories! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 5:53 pm

His censor made me say shiz in one of my posts, I think :'( WHO SAYS SHIZ?!

Kay. So, I know ya'll have like "Guize guize look at this epic jumping puzzle I did" kind of screenshots... sort of. But I have a couple that I took when it changed to the cinematic rotating camera ^_^ Cause I thought they were pretty.

Spoiler:

For the second one, that is the one in Kessex Hills I believe, that you have to climb up to the very top of a tower. And it had *such* an Assassin's Creed feel to it... I loved it immensely. I balls'd it up once though and nearly died, but the second attempt proved successful. *puffs chest out*

And the last one, I was looking around that manor for like ten minutes, and finally I realized there were stairs going up. Herp. So I go up and I come out from the manor onto this balcony, and like right as you come out, there's a small gap with another fenced in balcony that looks like it goes around the side of the house. So here I am, trying to jump between them onto the second, but I keep hitting the fence and falling to the ground and I'm like (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻). Turns out that the main walkway I started out on... went around the front of the house and you could go up STAIRS to get to the vista. No jumping involved.

I hate these kinds of vistas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vista Screenies/Stories!   Vista Screenies/Stories! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vista Screenies/Stories!
Page 1 of 1