Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Builds! Share?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Zerefin

Zerefin

Profession : Thief
Race : Human

Builds! Share?  Empty
PostSubject: Builds! Share?    Builds! Share?  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 6:03 am

I know for sure we have some theorycrafters and tinkerers in the guild. So, why not have a place where we can post, discuss, and ask questions about potential builds?

I've been tinkering with my own and think I finally found one for my warrior for when we start running dungeons...still have to figure out whether I want it for pvp, though.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fIAQJATSncOEFcyDOPwEZAApQLuUKgzu0jzQLNA;TgAKvMeJ8y6lzLpXLRGiA

That skill calculator is awesome btw Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Reverie Raven

Reverie Raven

Profession : Guardian

Builds! Share?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Builds! Share?    Builds! Share?  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 7:08 am

I think this is GREAT because not only does it keep track of conditions and boons you can inflict, but it also keeps tracks of the combo potential, which will be immensely helpful in PvE. I've been doing a lot of reading on the official forums about how dungeons are supposed to be played, and it seems like there's two main groups: those who feel the dungeons are just right and believe that kiting/combos/dodging/every man for himself (kind of) are the key to success, while others believe it's too hard (like we did). I think that if we look at one another's builds, maybe we can find a way to sync them together and we can get past the burrows!

I guess it also didn't help that we had three warriors, though perhaps if there was more communication and different weapons being used, maybe it would've gone a little better? I'd hate to tell someone they can't go because we have too many of the same class... But once we get more people higher level, which I'm sure there's a lot of us around mid level now, we can do multiple runs and split into evenly "balanced" groups.

Sorry I went off on a little rant. I've had a build for Sirivuss that I've done again with this new calculator, and I'd like some opinions... I'm a little iffy on it because it is heavily reliant on the enemy being kited, and I feel like it might be better for PvP? But then again, inflicting conditions seems to be the way to kick major butt. Also, I have a question about sigils...

Are sigils always active, unless they are a weapon swap sigil? I'm just wondering because you have at minimum, four weapons. That means you can do four different sigils, and if they work in sync, you could be... incredibly powerful. Also, do they stack?? I'm a noob T___T

Alright, so here is the build I mentioned. I just realized I have absolutely no boons... unless I crit, unless I poison (which I will <3), and unless I steal. Do you guys think that this is an issue? Boons can be pretty game-changing...

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fYUQNAV4YlcmqNHay8Ef+ExWBf69osdlsaPk5NxJA;TsAqvMfJ+y+l7L5XLIGHcWY3xLDA

I may swap out the elite for Dagger Storm, but I would like to point out (in case you don't know) that the Fern Mastiff bleeds and poisons foes, which I thought went great with my whole condition damage based build. I feel really squishy because I didn't put any points into my Vitality tree... :'(

And finally: @Zere, I love that your went tactics tree, I think that the fact that your shouts will heal will be really helpful in dungeons, especially since that's all you're using is shouts. And it looks like so far we'll be able to combo a little if I use Sirivuss ^_^ Highfive!

I'm going to work on one for Sol, I'll edit it in when I've finished. This one is a lot harder to me. XD
Back to top Go down
Zerefin

Zerefin

Builds! Share?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Builds! Share?    Builds! Share?  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 8:11 am

So I know I canèt answer quite everything, as most of my recent looking up has to do either with combos or where to find jumping puzzles, so here goes.

Weapon swap sigils only activate on weapon swap. But the bloodlust you have on the main dagger, as far as Iève noticed, is exactly as it says. Builds to max stacks, and you keep those stacks until you are downed. Aside from ones that offer boons (ones that last a certain amount of time or ones that stack) will stay as long as they say. Havenèt checked yet if double sigils that provide boons can stack, like Gives swiftness on kill or something.

And regarding the class thing, warriors may be at a disadvantage due to having just the one combo field, but other then that, class stacking shouldnèt matter much. After all, 5 thieves can do it. Like I was saying in the dungeon, we just need to L2P! (I have a secret confession. I enjoyed how difficult it was!) that being said, itès hard to say whether it would be easier to not bring someone because of their class, or get them to change their weapon setup.

I just noticed that my work has their keyboard set to French Canadian..

I'm still trying to decide what I'll level next..I know I'll end up with at least 4 well cared for 80s, but the question is what. Perhaps I'll go with what we might want for future guild runs? :3
Back to top Go down
Reverie Raven

Reverie Raven

Builds! Share?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Builds! Share?    Builds! Share?  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 8:29 am

It's just I haven't really paid much attention to the effects of my sigils throughout my playthrough... I admit I don't swap weapons nearly enough and the sigil on my torch and scepter is... I don't even remember... but thanks for clearing that up!

Can five thieves really do a dungeon? O_________________________________O

That's... intense. And I kind of want to try it.

Zere, I know what you should make next. Wink Or do you have a thief already? XD

I'm going to have three characters... an Asura Ele, Soleil, and Sirivuss. I *want* a Charr, but I'm not sure what class... so I'll play with Sol and Sirivuss for awhile and then figure it out.

As for the challenge, I like it a lot, too! It's just... the burrows were beyond annoying T___T I loved the fight with the Lieutenant guy (and I was really proud that I died the least!!) and I think we handled the spider fight PRETTY well, all things considered (I know the spider was a champion and more of a mini boss). But yeah, I want to dungeon A LOT, and the difficulty kind of reminds me more of GW1, where it was INEVITABLE that you were going to die (especially as melee T___T). As for the story mode run that I had done beforehand with Meteo, Drake, Herac and Sin... that was beyond crazy. And while I was kind of exhausted after the whole thing, we got better synergizing our skills and handling the fights as we ventured further in. All in all, it was a really fun experience. I completely agree that learning to play and gaining from the experience is probably the key to us succeeding!

It's actually kind of why I like thief so much... I feel like Guardian I can take a beating (Aegis <3) and just dive right in... Thief, not so much. There's a certain strategy to it all. And I love it! ^_^
Back to top Go down
Zerefin

Zerefin

Builds! Share?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Builds! Share?    Builds! Share?  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 8:50 am

If I'm not mistaken, I read something about the burrows on the left (the ones that were knocking us down and devouring) were bugged. But the strategy for dealing with the broodmother I read was nothing like we were doing - warrior kiting it in circles while everyone else deals with the other burrows.

And I've already made a Ranger, a Thief, an Engineer, and a Necro, along with having bought a few extra slots (and having a second account for collection storage)Elementalist/Mesmer most likely won't get much of my attention.

As much as I want my engineer to be a Turreteer and my Necro to be a Minion Master, I understand those don't work quite as well as other builds would. Well, maybe Necro's minion master would work well, but I know turreteers are already getting the "noob" brand like 5 sigil GS warriors. Which makes me sad, because all build paths should be able to work.

I'm thinking *maybe* http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fcIQJAqalIqqbHxy2F17IyoHe2EmZiKgZfeIXpFEC;TwAZWSsUbp0iKJTSiksJ5SSm0AiJIA for my engineer. That being said, I barely know what an engineer needs and what works with it, because 95% of my gaming time has been on the warrior :3
Back to top Go down
Reverie Raven

Reverie Raven

Builds! Share?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Builds! Share?    Builds! Share?  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 1:03 am

Yeah, I'm not sure what an engineer needs either : / They seem really cool but I have zero clues.
On paper, I'd say your build looks fine! Hopefully it will remain that way in practice ^_______________^ ( I don't know if my Sirivuss build will work either because most of those abilities in it I haven't gotten yet XD )

I made a Guardian build... this isn't what I had originally intended, but I've been doing a little research on the side. I had intended to go full support, but uhm, well clearly that didn't work out so well. I have a lot of little combos within my own abilities... let's just hope my skill level goes up and I manage to use them successfully, heh.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fUEQRApe7flw1KD33xKEm4ES2jV6ARQLFAkAhpwiqIA;T4A5USpUTpkiCMDYCwsg5ATC2ahxGbBmZA

I'm not sure about runes, or sigils at the moment. But I went fairly hybrid, methinks. So I can do a bit of everything! I can heal ya'll, I can kick some teeth in, and I can sort of shake off damage a little? ...Maybe.

This build was a lot harder to come up with then Sirivuss'. I guess I just have a harder time wrapping my head around it all. Sighsigh. I think I'm gonna give it a shot next time we play. Smile
Back to top Go down
Zerefin

Zerefin

Builds! Share?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Builds! Share?    Builds! Share?  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 3:52 am

Seen as how I've gone and fallen for the engineer, I'm tinkering with a beefy turreteer for the levelling process. So far, looks a little something like this might:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fcIQJAqelIq6dntSTF17IRoHJG0LGki823PKmPdB;TwAZVSqUVpoiKITQiasB5CSG0ohJBA

I made the traits/build for 80; sure, but that's just to see how it might look :3
Back to top Go down
Reverie Raven

Reverie Raven

Builds! Share?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Builds! Share?    Builds! Share?  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 6:03 pm

I saw your firearms master trait and I was like "Go for the eyes, Boo, GO FOR THE EYESSSS! *squeak*"

...Dunno if you know what I'm talking about but let's just move on. XD

I saw that you have a trait that makes turrets self-repair, so does that mean they just have a health regen or is it something else? I don't know if I'm just reading too much into it or not but Engineer seems really complicated O_O

I kind of want one.

And jeeze, you have more HP than my Guardian did >_> I wonder if I forgot to do the jewels...

The only thing is I don't see a lot of boons, but I think that's just you getting ripped off? o_O Cause I don't think my thief had any either... I mean, he DOES get boons but only under certain circumstances, so they didn't appear on the tracker.

Anyway, you have the Matty seal of approval for your build. I dig it. I may just steal it for my engineer (if i make one) ^_____________^

...Dang now I really want an Asura Engineer. Effffffffffffffffff.

Back to top Go down
Drakefist
Legend of the Mists
Drakefist

Profession : Warrior
Race : Norn

Builds! Share?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Builds! Share?    Builds! Share?  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 7:40 pm

So yeah after watching Zere's build and cursing bout all the conditions he deals i got envious, jealous and i accepted the challenge!

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fIIQNAnZUjkO5uFP2OMRCAkCrAz8ooh+5UAqUhyA;TcAA2yoEQJhSFlCKi

Here's DRAKE build.
As some of us already noticed, warriors dont have the luxury to initiate combos at leisures. On the upside tho, we get LOTS of finishers, On that build i got 5.

So im thinking Warrior should be threated as kind of executioners, and save most of their skills to combos with buddies. Spamming only the slot 1 skill on auto till opportunity arise to BOOM COMBO. Thats my take on things!
Back to top Go down
Reeburn

Reeburn

Profession : Mesmer

Builds! Share?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Builds! Share?    Builds! Share?  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 9:42 pm

I see your drake build, and I raise you a reeburn build! Behold! My ideal Mesmer build :3
http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fgEQNAW7clwzypHUTgGa9IxZGRX6oecdv/9yHwNA;TEBg1yqEUJpSVliKqiMFJKyWkrIZRrOGLcCZXwbDA

It focuses on boons and conditions, and phantasms! And what are phantasms without crit.
And lastly I have the Runes of Lyssa, and when I use my elite I gain all boons, then can use my signet to share all the booms with allies. Bam.
Reeburn build.
Back to top Go down
https://stormheart.forumotion.com
Zerefin

Zerefin

Builds! Share?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Builds! Share?    Builds! Share?  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 2:57 pm

Now that I'm 80 and in rares/exotic gears, I can say I've tested my initial warrior build, but replaced longbow with greatsword. I thought this part was important, because it simply seemed odd to me.

I'm getting larger damage numbers on the Risen in SoD then when I was using more glass cannon/crit based build. And I'm fuggin' awesome in an event.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Builds! Share?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Builds! Share?    Builds! Share?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Builds! Share?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Stormheart Hall :: General Discussion-
Jump to: